Kodi on Samsung Smart TV is the best combination of entertainment possible to date. Imagine the best true to life viewing pleasure, and the best multimedia center merged into one. What you will get is the unlimited entertainment served to you through a big screen. That’s like having your very own home theater with all your favorite movies and TV shows.
As for some of you that have not heard about Kodi, here’s a brief description for you. The Kodi app is a software that can handle all your media collections and deliver it to you in one place. It organizes all your videos and music in a much comprehensive way.
Kodi is a cross-platform app that has supports on many popular operating systems. There is Kodi for Mac, Kodi iOS handsets, Kodi for Ubuntu and other Linux-based OSes, Kodi for Firestick, Kodi on Roku, Kodi on Chromecast and Kodi for Xbox consoles.
Also, Kodi can deliver online content using addons. This collection of addons can make your Kodi the all-in-one type of media center. It can provide both online and offline entertainment. So if you use Kodi on Samsung Smart TV, there will be no need for you to subscribe on apps or services that have a monthly fee.
Does that sound great to you? If Kodi on Samsung Smart TV sounds like your perfect entertainment center, then here’s how you can make them work together.
Download Kodi for Samsung Android OS SmartTV’s
|Version||Kodi v17.60 Krypton|
How to Use Kodi on Samsung Smart TV
Most Samsung TVs run on Tizen. This operating system is Samsung’s very own custom OS to power most of its products. And since this is not an Android device, you cannot just install a Kodi APK file in it. But if you happen to have the Samsung Smart TV that runs on Android, then it should be perfect for you.
Also, there is no official Kodi app for Tizen so installing Kodi directly on a Samsung TV is impossible for now. Hopefully, the XBMC developers will consider making one in the future.
For now, we will be teaching you how to make Kodi on Samsung Smart TV happen. This will be easy, so you should be enjoying your favorite movies in a couple of minutes after this article. Here’s how it’s done.
Casting Kodi on Samsung Smart TV
This method will require that your Samsung TV has a casting feature. If casting is not available, you will need Chromecast to make this work. Now, if those requirements are available for your Samsung TV, here’s what you should do.
- Get your Android smartphone or an Android TV box and turn them on along with your Samsung Smart TV
- If you are using the Android smartphone, open Google Play Store and search for Kodi app.
- If your smartphone happens to have no access for Google Play Store, then download the Kodi APK file from this download button we provided above.
- Once the download finishes, tap on the APK file to start the installation.
- If you get a security error, go to the Settings and find the Security tab.
- Under the Security menu, look for the “Unknown Sources” and enable it for now. Do not forget to disable this feature as soon as the Kodi app is installed. This feature is intended to protect your device from installing harmful apps. So try not to forget about this.
- Now get back to the download folder and install Kodi APK again. This time, it should complete the installation.
- The same or similar procedure should work if you are using the Android TV box.
- Now, plug in the Chromecast to ready the Samsung Smart TV.
- On your Android phone, activate the ScreenCast or Screen Mirroring through the notification area or in the Settings area under the Display tab.
- Wait for the Chromecast to appear on the screencast. Once you see it, tap on it, and the display of your smartphone will show up on your Samsung Smart TV.
- If you are using the Android TV box, you may use screencasting or just plug it in the HDMI port.
- Now, launch the Kodi app by tapping or clicking on the Kodi icon on the apps menu.
- The Kodi app will now open up and show you all the available menus.
- You may add your media collection using your local storage like external hard drive or use addons to access online content.
- That’s it. You may now enjoy Kodi on Samsung Smart TV.
Using Windows PC/Laptop
Since Samsung Smart TV has display ports, you can use your laptop to stream Kodi. So this method is so you can run Kodi for Windows on Samsung Smart TV. This is the easiest since you will only need to use your Samsung TV as your laptop’s second monitor. Anyway, in case you do not know how here’s how to do it.
- Open your Windows preferred web browser and go to Kodi.tv or use the download link to get the Kodi Windows installer.
- Once the download finishes, click on the installer to start the installation.
- Choose which folder you want Kodi to install and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After a few seconds, you should find the Kodi icon on your main desktop.
- Before you launch the Kodi app, connect the laptop on your Samsung Smart TV using the display port and the corresponding cable you have. An HDMI cable would be much better as it can stream video quality of 4K with ease and with less to zero latency.
- The smart TV should now display your Windows desktop.
- Now double-click on the Kodi desktop icon to launch the app.
- That’s it. You can now use Kodi and all the media that it can deliver on your Samsung Smart TV.
Samsung Smart TV and its widescreen should be enjoyed with the best video quality possible. And you can get that from many apps and services like HBO and Netflix. But those are paid subscriptions. If you want free media content that does not require you to spend money, the Kodi app can deliver that on your Samsung Smart TV.
So what do you think of these methods? These are just some of the many ways to enjoy Kodi on all available devices that we have inside our house. But if you think that these methods do not apply to you, tell us your preferred method. We would be happy to know for any good suggestions.
If you have some questions about today’s topic, please feel free to leave your messages in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you in any way possible to enjoy Kodi on any of your devices. And thank you for reading this far.